11 Ways to Build Trust
Posted by Allan M. Hinggoy | Sept. 27, 2015, 4:33 p.m.
Here are 11 thoughts about trust. Feel free to share these simple reminders with your leaders, colleagues and team.
1. Say what you are trying or going to do and then do what you say!
2. Communicate! Frequent and honest communication builds trust. Poor communication is one of the key reasons marriages and work relationships fall apart.
3. Trust is built one day, one interaction at a time, and yet it can be lost in a moment because of one poor decision. Make the right decision.
4. Value long term relationships more than short term success.
5. Sell without selling out. Focus more on your core principles and customer loyalty than short term commissions and profits.
6. Trust generates commitment; commitment raises teamwork; and teamwork delivers results. When people trust their team members they not only work harder, but they work harder for the good of the team.
7. Be honest! Honesty is the key component to a strong team.
8. Become a coach. Coach your customers. Coach your team at work. Guide people, help them be better and you will earn their trust.
9. Show people you care about them. When people know you care about their interests as much as your own they will trust you. If they know you are out for yourself, their internal alarm sounds and they will say to themselves “watch out for that person.”
10. Always do the right thing. We trust those who live, walk and work with integrity.
11. When you don’t do the right thing, admit it. Be transparent, authentic and willing to share your mistakes and faults. When you are vulnerable and have nothing to hide you radiate trust.